EuroKaat 11 T-Shirts

For all discussion of any events
Kryten
Club Member

Re: EuroKaat 11

Post by Kryten » Thu May 02, 2024 2:01 pm

fat nick wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 pm
Looks like I am harwich route …. Just looking for a b&b with parking for the weds nite to sail 0900 Thursday :)
I'm guessing you are on the Kat.

The Thursday night ferry is fully booked, so I might arrange to meet up at the terminal on the Thursday...
Jim

750 SZ (Not So) Skruffy Kat
1000 SZ in bits
7/11 SZ Long term
T509 Back on the road!

It was a New Day yesterday but, by God, it's an Old Day now!

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am

***IMPORANT***TO THOSER TRAVELLING FROM HULL>>
WE are booked I will post on here later BUT check your PM eitherway it's a saving of £200 each .
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fat nick
Club Member

Post by fat nick » Sat May 04, 2024 2:34 pm

I have now booked 0900 ferry from harwich ……. Stopping at Fryatt hotel weds nite …. Any recommendations for euro breakdown for an old bike ??
:ugeek:

KOC 291

katmarch
Committee Member

Post by katmarch » Sat May 04, 2024 3:41 pm

I’m with Swinton Insurance & they have covered me for euro breakdown.
KOC 30 My Gallery

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun May 05, 2024 4:48 pm

We are also covered with our policy from Peter James ...just had renewal £146 for 7 Katana's for both Smand I to ride with Eurocover , . For individual cover , try a search on a compare site there are more than you think. You could try Adrian Flux , thats who are cars are with as they cover older vehicles and modified etc ...( Proven ,,a few years back with a starter motor on a taliban bus ...They went out their way to get 6 persons back , but in the end found a Toyota agent to sort overnight ..)
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

fat nick
Club Member

Post by fat nick » Sun May 05, 2024 6:15 pm

Tried all the search groups … all say bike to old … RAC £120 for the trip. Didn’t take the option of recovery on my footman James policy as my RAC policy meet all my uk needs
:ugeek:

KOC 291

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Sun May 05, 2024 7:12 pm

a lot of euro cover policies (even the add on from peter james etc) have a clause which says if the recovery cost is higher than the value of the bike they will not recover it
seem to remember that happening to someone who had accident on way back from eurokat switzerland, ended up getting a mate with a van, so maybe try to arrange that on the off chance of a problem
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Sun May 05, 2024 7:54 pm

fat nick wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:15 pm
Tried all the search groups … all say bike to old … RAC £120 for the trip. Didn’t take the option of recovery on my footman James policy as my RAC policy meet all my uk needs
This has been discussed before , but RAC with a motorbike...we have cover with them on works bikes ...we usually push them , or recover them ourselves ! 18 hours once, outside a hospital ...I was on overtime, so .....but never again .
But that's just our experience ...the truth is it dosen't matter in most cases who you are with you get the same recovery company after the initial visit from prefered contract.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery

lomsavage
Club Member

Post by lomsavage » Sun May 05, 2024 9:12 pm

RAC tend to use more "local agents" who prefer to recover than fix as they get more money, but attendance times are shocking
AA use more employed patrols but often "relay" you from depot to depot with waits inbetween which extend timescale
Green Flag all local agent hit/miss if you get a good one
Summary have a mate with van (and a good lock for while its waiting)
Hello from H

"Sponsered By Typhoo and P G Tips and (now) Aprilia also"

No Kats and unlikely to ever have one again :shock: (hey ho, that is what life throws at us)

fossie
Club Member

Post by fossie » Mon May 06, 2024 8:28 am

lomsavage wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:12 pm
RAC tend to use more "local agents" who prefer to recover than fix as they get more money, but attendance times are shocking
AA use more employed patrols but often "relay" you from depot to depot with waits between which extend timescale
Green Flag all local agent hit/miss if you get a good one
Summary have a mate with van (and a good lock for while its waiting)
That is a pretty good summary of the big 3... but there are so many others out there ... They all do local agent model , but do not like the big 3 keep their client base to less than 15 year old or only on these shores . I will never able to use them as I'll never own a vehicle that new. :D

As for recovery only to the worth of the vehicle , that is only in total loss or accident damage with major repair.. If it's a breakdown they will get to local agent and get a repair at your cost . You will repatriated and you sort something will the local agent overseas , pretty much the same as you are UK.
CLUB Chairman

My Gallery